Set those New Year resolutions into action and escape winter at this very special Caribbean hideaway, with a fourth night free and airport transfers included for a winter or spring escape
With New Year’s resolutions now in full swing, there’s no better time to plan a vacation to The Ocean Club, A Four Seasons Resort, Bahamas. Trade the post-holiday blues for the shimmering turquoise waves of the Atlantic, just steps away from one’s ocean view guest room. The 35-acre (14 hectare) beachfront Resort on gorgeous Paradise Island, Bahamas provides ample ways to assist with making New Year’s resolutions come true. Escape the winter climate and kick off New Year’s resolutions in true island-style. Check off one or more common resolutions at The Ocean Club:
1. Spend more quality time with family or friends: Gather loved ones and kick off 2024 with an unforgettable vacation at The Ocean Club, made even sweeter with a fourth night free and round-trip airport transfers included, through the Resort’s Return to Paradise – Fourth Night Free offer. The cherished Resort has newly renovated guest rooms and suites in the Crescent Wing, with elegant touches such as a gold bamboo-framed mirrors, and deep-soaking bathtubs surrounded by a custom curved wall mosaic. Spacious suites offer a separate living room and bedroom, a powder room, plus a full bath including an oversize glass shower and jetted deep-soaking tub. All guest rooms and suites offer a private terrace or balcony, many overlooking the Atlantic Ocean and beautifully maintained verdant lawn. Garden level rooms provide easy access for families with little ones to run and play on the lawn. King guest rooms include a queen-size sofa sleeper, accommodating a maximum occupancy of four guests, and select king rooms have outer-connecting capabilities to connect to a suite, ideal for families. With three pools, including the oceanfront infinity-edge Ocean Pool, the adult-only Versailles Pool, and the Family Lagoon Pool, there is ample space to splash and play or simply lounge in the serenity of the balmy, breezy air. The pristine white sand beach, dotted with bright blue umbrellas, is a favourite for not only the scenic views, but also for the attentive beachside service. Parents can relax beachside, at The Spa, or the Versailles Pool while kids ages 4 to 12 are entertained at the Resort’s complimentary Kids For All Seasons camp, offered daily. With activities for all ages to enjoy, The Ocean Club is the perfect choice for multi-gen travel, couples’ getaways, and more.
2. Prioritise one’s fitness and wellness: If getting in shape is one’s goal, The Ocean Club offers plenty of activities to kick-start one’s fitness routine. Guests of The Ocean Club can enjoy an active lifestyle at the Resort, whether at the Fitness Centre with regular complimentary fitness classes available, playing a match on one of the Resort’s six Har-Tru tennis courts, or hitting the links at the 18-hole Tom Weiszkopf designed Ocean Club Golf Course. Water sports also abound, with stand-up paddleboards available beachside, and the Concierge can assist with excursions such as boating, fishing, snorkelling, parasailing and more. Additionally, private fitness instruction is available, such as Pilates classes and personal training, and private tennis or golf lessons can also be arranged. Classes are designed to improve one’s physical strength, improve flexibility, and enhance one’s mindset. The Resort’s Fitness Centre also boasts a “jungle gym”- an outdoor gym with free weights, TRX battle ropes, boxing bag and more. For those interested in healthy dining, an abundant of fresh, healthy cuisine is on the menu at DUNE by Jean-Georges and at Ocean Blu. Savour fresh Bahamian flavours including the conch salad, grouper tacos, and spiny lobster. Numerous salads and zesty grilled tropical fare are on the menu, serving as flavourful, light choices.
3. Focus on self-care and a peaceful mindset: If quiet time and a reset is what’s needed, The Ocean Club can be one’s sanctuary for a getaway focused on rest and relaxation. The Resort is gated and renowned for its private setting. Simply relax and reconnect while paddling in the tranquil ocean waters, enjoying yoga on the beach, relaxing in a hammock, lounging poolside, or perhaps meditating in the serene Versailles Gardens among ancient works of art. Discover the beauty among the manicured tropical landscape, as well as along the Resort halls, with the inspiring artwork of local artist-in-residence Jane Waterous. Visit The Spa for selfcare, indulging in a therapeutic treatment such as the Bahamas Rhythm Massage. Allow the Resort’s tranquil setting to guide one’s intentions for a peaceful, harmonious 2024.
4. Reconnect and revitalise a romantic relationship: If reviving a romantic relationship is one’s New Year’s resolution, there’s no better place than The Ocean Club. With a dreamy backdrop against the turquoise Atlantic Ocean, there are plenty of places for loved ones to reconnect and enjoy a serene, romantic getaway. Whether celebrating new love, a rekindled romance, or a momentous milestone, lovebirds will fall in love all over again in one of the Resort’s amazing suites or cozy bungalows, with their own private plunge pools. The Spa offers a romantic ambiance, with private outdoor courtyards and daybeds for couples to lounge and enjoy a light lunch, or Champagne and strawberries, and unwind pre-or-post treatment. A walk through the romantic Versailles Gardens at sunset, observing sculptures such as the Cupid & Psyche, erected in 1897 by Italian sculptor Aristide Petrilli, is sure to conjure up feelings of love and adoration. The Love Is In the Air- Romance package includes Champagne and sweets in-room, a candlelit bath, and a dinner for two at DUNE by Jean-Georges.
5. Experience a “bucket list” trip: The Ocean Club has been home to numerous celebrities over the years, including being a featured location in movies such as the 2006 James Bond film Casino Royale. It is a true “bucket list” destination for many, especially the James Bond aficionado. This year, check an over-the-top trip off one’s list, and recreate some of the scenes in the movie, such as when actor Daniel Craig swam in the Versailles Pool, or played poker and ordered a martini, filmed in the Resort’s renowned Martini Bar & Lounge. Try a signature caviar or vesper martini, or a martini flight, with a selection of mixologist Keith Cash’s favourite mini martinis. For a premier experience, bring the whole family or a group of friends and reserve a stay in one of the Resort’s three-or four-bedroom beachfront Villa Residences. With private infinity pools overlooking the ocean, direct beach access, and an impeccably designed home with a full kitchen, butler service, and more, a stay in a beachfront Villa Residence offers the ultimate in privacy and luxury. The whole family will be raising their martini glasses in a toast to an unforgettable trip.
With more than 15 nonstop international flights daily, including new direct nonstop service from Los Angeles International Airport and Seattle International Airport, it’s easier than ever to arrive to Nassau’s Lynden Pindling International Airport (NAS), and just a brief drive to the ultimate paradise – The Ocean Club.